Saturday, October 25, 2014

Vacation - Telluride!

Not too long before sunset we arrived in Telluride. After a delicious home cooked dinner Ali, Sam, and I walked to see the super moon. We were very impressed, until we found out 2 days later that the super moon was actually the second night after our arrival. ;)
Papa and Elle were the early birds. I am not sure Elle got the worm but she sure enjoyed Papa's undivided  attention. 

Telluride had quite the public library. We enjoyed a late morning there with the family. 


The beloved gondolas!! As you can imagine the cousins LOVED riding the gondolas to town. 

We didn't want the kids to have all of the fun so Sam and I took off on an adventure of our own. We secretly bought helmets so not to worry Ah and researched the trail to lead us up our first "14er". We summated Wilson Peak, 14,016. This is one of my most favorite adventures. I started out the week doubting my ability but each step I took on the trail I gained ease of step and confidence. I am so grateful that I was able to complete this challenge mostly due to Sam's enthusiasm, smarts, and encouragement. 

Here is the monster. 
Back to the library... not really I just couldn't move the picture up with out distorting all my work - perfection is the enemy of done! Here Elle and I sit in a chair I found charming but others seemed to find creepy. ;)

A natural rock climber.

These two, they really love each other. 
Cuteness.

I really enjoyed taking Elle on our high altitude hikes! She did great. 

The beauty of the Telluride Valley is indescribable and of course this picture does not do it justice.

The early birds still after that worm.


Good food!!

It was so fun for Sam to get extended time with the Burri clan.

This was my first trip to Telluride and I was completely enchanted by it's beauty. What a priceless vacation we had, we are so grateful for our time with our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment